Sunday, July 10, 2011

2011 Leaf Draft Ultimate

So far 2011 has been mostly disappointing for football products. Of the early releases Leaf Metal is my favorite so far. Releasing a second product made me a bit suspicious - especially since it is the same format. These are limited to 375 cases and each card is numbered /49 or below. Again, each card is encased and comes in pristine condition.

Price Paid: $84.95
Sale Value (on ebay): $97.00

Design: For the first time in a long time I got to see some real old school die-cut cards. I used to love them when I was younger, so I am still a bit partial. There are four designs: Ultimate Base, Ultimate Metal, Ultimate Helmet, and Ultimate Football. The base and metal are just colorful versions of the previous product. They look great. Leaf added a little touch that makes these cards stand out in person. The helmet cards would be simply amazing if they had the NCAA logo. However, the teams that do not have a logo on the helmet are look perfect. As a LSU fan I have to say I am not a huge fan of a big yellow blank helmet. The football die-cuts are the weakest of the four kits, but still have an amount of originality that makes me like them. It just doesn't leave enough space for the players to sign a full autograph. 4.5/5

Checklist: This has already been explained. They focus on offensive players and keep the commons to a minimum. You should be able to pull an a lister in every other pack. Everything is low numbered and the checklist is the most simplistic and easy to understand, ever. 4.5/5

Fun: This can't be perfect since there are just 4 cards per pack. It is slightly more fun than the base Leaf Metal because everything is numbered so low and you can still use the 'sliding' method. Big names are common in this product, so the fun gets a boost there too. 4.5/5

What I got:
Von Miller Helmet Auto /49
Austin Pettis Football Auto /20
Wes Bynum Base Auto /5
Mark Ingram Metal Auto /49

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Overall/Value: When you make a profit on your break, you have to be happy. I got two great players, one good one, and a kicker. I dislike the kicker in this product - especially since he isn't very good. Anyways, the value for the product is amazing and I highly recommend it for anyone and every kind of collector. 5/5

My Break/Tilt: Really like three of the four players I got. All are collectible and all sell well. 5/5

Overall: 23.5/25 A

No comments:

Post a Comment