Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2011 Sage Autographed

After opening Sage high/low 2011 I am not looking forward to this break. Honestly, I considered not reviewing it at all. That would defeat the purpose of this blog, though. I am trying to go into this break with an open mind hoping this is superior to what Sage released earlier.

Price Paid: $120.99
Sale Value (on ebay): $78

Design: There's not a lot to discuss here because you get base cards and 5 levels of autographed cards. The base have posed photography and a busy background that I don't hate, but don't like either. In fact, I got rid of all of the base immediately after the break. No one buys this product for base cards, though. With 3 cards per pack you just go straight to the autographed card anyways. They definitely look a little bit better than the Sage product from earlier this year, but are still just a smidge over terrible due to the photography choices. 2.5/5

Checklist: Since Sage combined their two products from earlier and made this one, there are fewer commons and a better chance to hit a good player. Other than the five levels of auto cards - there is nothing to the checklist. One great thing about Sage is that they never EVER have redemptions. 3/5

Fun: Whether they are ugly or not, getting 14 autographs out of a break is fun. The price is scary when you're paying about $8 a hit. Each one that comes out poorly is a bit gut-wrenching. Overall, the busting experience is fun, but there just isn't much to this product. 4/5

What I got:
Curtis Brown Red
Jerrel Jernigan Red
Adam Weber Silver
TJ Yates Silver
Taiwan Jones Gold /200
Stephen Paea Gold /200
Casey Matthews Gold /200
Ryan Kerrigan Gold /200
Mikel LeShoure Gold /200
Jacquizz Rodgers Gold /200
Allen Bradford Gold /200
Nate Solder Gold /200
Curtis Brown Platinum /50
Christian Ponder Platinum /50
Photobucket
Photobucket

Overall/Value: 10 of the 14 cards I got were numbered to 200 or less, so that's a good sign right away. I hit a lot of guys who have potential, but don't sell well right now (and that's ok with me). It's virtually impossible to open this stuff and not get one of the top players. I was lucky and hit a decent QB with my platinum auto. The value is there - it would be easier to recommend at an even $100 price tag. For $120 you can't just get much higher quality products. 3.5/5

My Break/Tilt: I am happy with my break. I don't feel nearly as empty as I did after the other Sage products. They took a step back overall this year, but they at least ended up with a decent product here. I can;t fully recommend it because of the price tag and I can't totally bash it because I got decent stuff. 3.5/5

Overall: 16.5/25 F

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have the Sage Gold Jacquizz #/200? Will pay

    ReplyDelete