Wednesday, July 6, 2011

2011 Leaf Metal Draft

This is Leaf's venture into the realm of football cards. They generally have a good reputation and I went into this break knowing very little about the product. All I knew was that I get four cards and each one would be autographed.

Price Paid: $68.99
Sale Value (on ebay): $49.00

Design: Right away when I opened this product I saw metallic-looking cards in a small box already in sleeves/cases. Even though this seems like a gimmick - it works for me. I always cringe when I pull a big hit and have to slide it carefully into a protector. This has proven to be worthwhile as many graded versions of these cards pop up on ebay as BGS 10 or 9.5. I give the design an easy 4.5/5

Checklist: The checklist in this product is minimal and straight to the point. There are few undrafted rookies included and the big names are all there. There's also two subsets and many parallels to get. Basically, you are hunted for 5-10 players in this product and if you do not get one of them you may be disappointed. You will get three base autographs along with one numbered parallel. 4/5

Fun: This break literally took one minute. The anticipation is there, but lasts no time at all. However, sliding cards slowly builds suspense when you know you just spend $18 or so per card on four unknown cards. Pulling meaningless base and inserts can get old and this a good change of pace for a relatively inexpensive product. 4/5

What I got:
Dion Lewis - RB
Daniel Thomas - RB
Blaine Gabbert - QB
TJ Yates /50 - QB

Photobucket

Photobucket

Overall/Value: For $70 I would say this product is worth the risk. At the absolute worst you will be minus $40 in the sale value. Odds are you will have a break similar to mine and you will pull one of the bigger named rookies. Especially if you get a parallel big name you can break even pretty easily. 5/5

My break/Tilt: 4.5/5

Total Score: 23/25 B+/A-

No comments:

Post a Comment